A guide to: Choosing the perfect floor for your kitchen
08 May 2014Renovating
Your kitchen floor, besides being practical and durable, is a major design statement as well and most often sets the tone for your whole living area. The type of floor you choose affects every other element of your home design and with the variety of materials, colours and textures available today, your choices are nearly endless. One thing that’s important to note however, is that even though there is so much available, this is one time that you certainly can make the wrong choice!
Here are our top picks for kitchen flooring:
- Wood & Bamboo: one of the most popular choices for today’s kitchens. Both stylish and natural, wood and bamboo feel good underfoot and create a warm look for your home. Specially treated and sealed, these options are extremely hard wearing. If budget is limited though, wood may not be the preferred option.
- Vinyl: A fantastic alternative to wood and bamboo for those doing their kitchen on a budget. It’s a resilient flooring that offers a variety of styles and colours in either tiles or sheets.
- Tiles: a great choice for high traffic areas like your kitchen – available in a huge variety of colours, shapes, designs, textures and prices, you’re sure to be able to find a tile that fits your personal style, budget and home.
- Limestone: if it’s an old world look you’re after, then limestone can be a great choice. One key thing to remember with limestone however is that t’s a porous material that must be sealed upon installation and then twice a year.
- Cork: A lovely durable, versatile material available in a variety of colors. It feels great underfoot, it’s water-resistant and as an added bonus, it reduces impact noise – great for those with kitchens on higher floors.
Well there you have it, our top picks for kitchen floors. We hope this has helped you make that tough decision a little more easily.
Visit our website or contact us on 1800 016 016 to arrange a private appointment with one of our style specialists.
More like this
What Our Customers are Saying
Jared and Cassandra are hard working, cheerful, honest business partners. They made my experience of choosing carpet and then laying 5 rooms of it simple and convenient. I also had plenty of choice of colour and style from their extensive range. The measure and quote was done in a timely, efficient manner and Jared is very personable. They even quoted, then organised, the shifting and replacement of furniture on the day. I am very impressed with Andersens at Burleigh Heads. Sincerely, thank you both.
Karen for Andersens Burleigh Heads
I cannot speak more highly of Malcolm and the team at Andersens Stafford. The products they laid in my apartment were high quality, well priced and look amazing. If you are looking to re-floor your home or apartment I can't recommend them more highly. Thanks again team!
Raquel for Andersens Stafford
As always, very friendly, offering good advice and delivering an excellent service. I am very happy with my new blinds and floor covering.
Patricia for Andersens Beaudesert
Friendly and professional crew, fast response, impressive work, very affordable, recommend to all, Best in the market!
FlyLice for Andersens Ipswich