Getting your house clean! Part 2
11 February 2013Helpful Tips and Hints
With our Dyson vacuum cleaner give-away this month, we thought, why not share some easy to do cleaning tips and tricks with our customers and readers. Last week we shared 5 tips in our part 1 post. This week we continue with another 5 helpful tips.
- To help reduce the risk of stains on a marble bench-top, try buffing some car polish onto it. This leaves a thin invisible film which helps repel stains.
- If you have accidentally broken glassware and are struggling to pick up all those tiny left over fragments of broken glass, try pressing a piece of bread onto the area for a quick and easy solution.
- If you have furniture indents in pure wool carpet (only), place a tea towel over the area and then press with a warm iron. The heat will lift the vibres and give you a smoother result.
- To avoid your bathroom mirrors steaming up, try and regularly rub a dry soap bar over the surface of the mirror and then rub in with a clean cloth. [while not really cleaning, we thought it was a great tip anyway!]
- If you need to remove some oil from silk clothing, we suggest gently rubbing some cornflour into the affected area, leave it to sit for a few hours before lightly brushing or shaking it off. Then either hand wash or use a gentle machine cycle to finish the process.
We hope you have enjoyed this week’s tips. Please join us next week for 5 more helpful home tips.
More like this
Choosing a Neutral Floor Covering
FAQs about Loose Lay Vinyl Flooring, Answered!
Goal-setting for Renovating
What Our Customers are Saying
Jared and Cassandra are hard working, cheerful, honest business partners. They made my experience of choosing carpet and then laying 5 rooms of it simple and convenient. I also had plenty of choice of colour and style from their extensive range. The measure and quote was done in a timely, efficient manner and Jared is very personable. They even quoted, then organised, the shifting and replacement of furniture on the day. I am very impressed with Andersens at Burleigh Heads. Sincerely, thank you both.
Karen for Andersens Burleigh Heads
I cannot speak more highly of Malcolm and the team at Andersens Stafford. The products they laid in my apartment were high quality, well priced and look amazing. If you are looking to re-floor your home or apartment I can't recommend them more highly. Thanks again team!
Raquel for Andersens Stafford
As always, very friendly, offering good advice and delivering an excellent service. I am very happy with my new blinds and floor covering.
Patricia for Andersens Beaudesert
Friendly and professional crew, fast response, impressive work, very affordable, recommend to all, Best in the market!
FlyLice for Andersens Ipswich