Bamboo products might just be the hottest thing on the market at the moment, from velvety soft sheets and towels to durable, hard and stylish floors. Many smart homeowners are choosing bamboo as a flooring option in their home due not only to its stylish good looks and versatility, but also for it’s ecological footprint.
Andersens has an extensive range of bamboo products in a range of colours, sizes and manufacturing styles including fully floating click locked floors. What might surprise you though is the fact that this amazing product is surprisingly inexpensive!
If you’re still unconvinced, here are a few great reasons to choose bamboo:
- Bamboo flooring is an environmentally friendly product. It takes only a few years for a bamboo plant to grow to maturity, while it takes decades for hardwood trees. Further, when bamboo is harvested, the root continues to live and produces new stock. Each year, one ‘mother plant’ generates several new bamboo stems that grow to full length in a few months and to full mature hardness in about five years. Made with safe resins, they have extremely low formaldehyde emissions and make excellent floors for healthy homes.
- Most people don’t realise that bamboo flooring is actually harder than hardwood flooring, which makes it a more durable and long lasting flooring.
- It suits your budget. Bamboo flooring is in most cases a less expensive alternative to hardwood flooring, usually costing 25 to 50 per cent less than hardwood. Installation costs remain the same as hardwood installers and contractors need no additional training to install bamboo flooring. Bamboo can be installed using exactly the same tools and methods as are used for installing hardwood.
- It creates a fashion statement. Interior designers are flocking to use bamboo flooring due to it’s unique grain and appearance. This stylish flooring is sure to add that “wow” factor to any home.
- Bamboo floors are easy to clean.
- Bamboo floors are ideal for allergy sufferers as they do not promote dust or harbor dust mites.
- Bamboo flooring can be installed over numerous types of sub-floors such as: wood, sheathing grade plywood, vinyl tile, or Oriented Strand Board.
Our preferred suppliers, ensure that the product they supply Andersens is harvested and manufactured using the latest extremely environmental friendly techniques, incorporating compliance with the E1 standards. It is stronger than most hardwoods, and as mentioned above, they do not take hundreds of years to grow, as do hardwoods of comparable density.
If you’re interested in joining the “Bamboo Revolution” contact your local Andersens store today to find out more about a bamboo flooring solution to meet your specific requirements. You can also click here to view our FAQs on bamboo or visit our website to choose your preferred option.