New Year’s Home Resolutions: Part 1
05 January 2015Helpful Tips and Hints
Every year we set personal resolutions, to either become fitter, lose weight, spend more time with family, etc. Seldom do we set goals for our home, we keep that to some vague idea in the back of our minds.
These are some of the expert’s resolutions that will make your home a more beautiful, efficient, clean and green place in the coming year. Here are five picks for the best home improvement resolutions for the New Year and how to achieve them:
– Streamline your home, the best and least expensive way to feel better about your home is to clear it of clutter. Designers say untidiness makes your house look dated and dirty.
– Do a home safety check that you not living with a potential health hazard or fire risks, especially the vents and ducts behind the dryer, as lint build up can be highly combustible.
– Shrink your bills and your carbon footprint in the process by cutting the energy usage in your home, switch off the lights and appliances when you leave a room. Turn off the air conditioner when you leave the house. Lower your geyser temperature. Dry washing on the line where you can. Wait for full loads before the washing machine and dishwasher are switched on.
– Draw up a daily and weekly work chart to clean your house. Tidying up at night before going to bed makes the world of difference to your daily workload. Make sure everything is put back in its assigned place.
– Get your place ready for entertaining in the New Year, all it takes is a little bit of rearranging to get a fresh, new look. Use pot plants to green your home- it always gives a lovely, fresh look. Try a new accent colour or select an underused colour in the room from your existing décor, this can make the whole room look different. The accent colour can be in the form of a new cushions or a throw or a colourful rug or runner.
Lastly, if the focus in your home has been around the TV, try re-focus furniture in a way that allows real conversation and connection in the room.
More like this
Choosing a Neutral Floor Covering
FAQs about Loose Lay Vinyl Flooring, Answered!
Goal-setting for Renovating
What Our Customers are Saying
Jared and Cassandra are hard working, cheerful, honest business partners. They made my experience of choosing carpet and then laying 5 rooms of it simple and convenient. I also had plenty of choice of colour and style from their extensive range. The measure and quote was done in a timely, efficient manner and Jared is very personable. They even quoted, then organised, the shifting and replacement of furniture on the day. I am very impressed with Andersens at Burleigh Heads. Sincerely, thank you both.
Karen for Andersens Burleigh Heads
I cannot speak more highly of Malcolm and the team at Andersens Stafford. The products they laid in my apartment were high quality, well priced and look amazing. If you are looking to re-floor your home or apartment I can't recommend them more highly. Thanks again team!
Raquel for Andersens Stafford
As always, very friendly, offering good advice and delivering an excellent service. I am very happy with my new blinds and floor covering.
Patricia for Andersens Beaudesert
Friendly and professional crew, fast response, impressive work, very affordable, recommend to all, Best in the market!
FlyLice for Andersens Ipswich