10 Quick Ideas – Kickstart Home Resolutions
12 January 2015Helpful Tips and Hints
10 quick ideas to kickstart your New Year’s home resolutions that could save you time and money.
- Start with a thorough clean, make sure you have a monthly schedule and stick to it!
- Great idea to deep clean your carpets, best option is a professional clean. Self-cleaning is not necessarily more cost effective, once you factor in the cost of cleaning products, the rental and any special spot cleaners, as well as the time factor, it may wiser to call in professional cleaners. Remember Andersens provide a carpet cleaning service to assist you.
- If you have wooden floors you may need to look at having them sanded down, or painted.
- Try wallpaper a small room to add a new look without having to spend a lot of money.
- Paint a room that needs to freshened up. You could also consider a feature wall with wallpaper.
- Re- arrange the furniture in the room, don’t forget to move pictures as well to change the look. Don’t forget you may need to patch and repaint as you go along.
- When looking for that new home item, look on eBay and Gumtree first.
- If renovating is not in your budget, then redecorate! Change items in the room around, like lamps, small tables, cushions, rugs, drapes and don’t forget small features such as candle holders etc. Get creative- there is so much you can probably do to change a look with what you already have.
- Create a new kitchen look by painting cabinets or fitting new handles-this will help transform your kitchen at minimal cost.
- De-clutter your closets, if you haven’t started now is a good time to get stuck into getting rid of all the things you haven’t worn, used or looked at for years. Sell them at a garage sale and allocate the money you get back to the home improvements project.
We would love to hear from you, let us know what your New Year home improvements are.
More like this
Choosing a Neutral Floor Covering
FAQs about Loose Lay Vinyl Flooring, Answered!
Goal-setting for Renovating
What Our Customers are Saying
Jared and Cassandra are hard working, cheerful, honest business partners. They made my experience of choosing carpet and then laying 5 rooms of it simple and convenient. I also had plenty of choice of colour and style from their extensive range. The measure and quote was done in a timely, efficient manner and Jared is very personable. They even quoted, then organised, the shifting and replacement of furniture on the day. I am very impressed with Andersens at Burleigh Heads. Sincerely, thank you both.
Karen for Andersens Burleigh Heads
I cannot speak more highly of Malcolm and the team at Andersens Stafford. The products they laid in my apartment were high quality, well priced and look amazing. If you are looking to re-floor your home or apartment I can't recommend them more highly. Thanks again team!
Raquel for Andersens Stafford
As always, very friendly, offering good advice and delivering an excellent service. I am very happy with my new blinds and floor covering.
Patricia for Andersens Beaudesert
Friendly and professional crew, fast response, impressive work, very affordable, recommend to all, Best in the market!
FlyLice for Andersens Ipswich