10 quick ideas – kick start home resolutions.
12 January 2015 | Helpful tips and hints
10 quick ideas to kick start your New year’s home resolutions that could save you time and money.
- Start with a thorough clean, make sure you have a monthly schedule and stick to it!
- Great idea to deep clean your carpets, best option is a professional clean. Self-cleaning is not necessarily more cost effective, once you factor in the cost of cleaning products, the rental and any special spot cleaners, as well as the time factor, it may wiser to call in professional cleaners. Remember Andersens provide a carpet cleaning service to assist you.
- If you have wooden floors you may need to look at having them sanded down, or painted.
- Try wallpaper a small room to add a new look without having to spend a lot of money.
- Paint a room that needs to freshened up. You could also consider a feature wall with wallpaper.
- Re- arrange the furniture in the room, don’t forget to move pictures as well to change the look. Don’t forget you may need to patch and repaint as you go along.
- When looking for that new home item, look on eBay and Gumtree first.
- If renovating is not in your budget, then redecorate! Change items in the room around, like lamps, small tables, cushions, rugs, drapes and don’t forget small features such as candle holders etc. Get creative- there is so much you can probably do to change a look with what you already have.
- Create a new kitchen look by painting cabinets or fitting new handles-this will help transform your kitchen at minimal cost.
- De-clutter your closets, if you haven’t started now is a good time to get stuck into getting rid of all the things you haven’t worn, used or looked at for years. Sell them at a garage sale and allocate the money you get back to the home improvements project.
We would love to hear from you, let us know what your New Year home improvements are.