Interior shutters can add a very cosy, modern, and timeless look to your home. Here are some features and benefits of shutters and just a few reasons why they have become such a popular addition to Australian homes.
- Buy once. Interior shutters are a permanent addition to your home, unlike many other treatments which must be periodically replaced.
- Block light. In rooms that you wish to darken, shutters are extremely effective at blocking out light. Their solid opacity means they are more efficient than a lot of other window coverings.
- Get more lighting control. Light can be filtered in different ways by rotating louvers to various angles.
- Add value. Quality window shutters can increase a home’s resale value.
- Minimise allergens. Shutters have a solid surface which means dust can’t linger and they can easily be wiped clean.
- Cool down in summer. Shutters keep your house cooler in summer by deflecting direct sunlight.
- Warm up in winter. Wood shutters keep the house warmer in winter by providing additional insulation.
- Save money. Because of their insulating quality, shutters can also help to reduce your utility bills.
- Inject timeless style. Shutters look beautiful from both outside and inside the home. Adverse to trends, they have been consistently used for decades without looking dated.
- Prevent fading. Shutters don’t fade to the extent of drapes, shades, or curtains.
- Enjoy durability. Shutters are durable enough to withstand regular daily use in residential or commercial environments.
- Match your aesthetic. Interior shutters are available in an endless number of paint or stain colours to match your existing décor. Interior shutters are versatile enough to suit any décor, from ultra-modern to traditional to transitional.
- Achieve upscale looks for less. Shutters appear upscale while having a price tag that’s lower than that of many designer draperies.
- Get a style to suit. A large variety of panel configurations allow shutters to be installed on almost any window size or shape. They can also be installed to cover only the bottom of a window (café style).
- Be eco-friendly. Wood shutters are naturally constructed from sustainable woods, like basswood.
- Get full use of your window. Shutters are hinged in the window opening so they can be opened for maximum access to the window.
- Increase privacy. Louvers may be opened slightly to achieve privacy while simultaneously allowing natural light to enter the room.
- Improve safety. Interior shutters are absent of strings and cords which can be dangerous for children.
If you would like a free measure and quote to fit your home with some stunning shutters, contact your local Andersens store today.