With this week bringing the end to our Dyson promotion and our “getting your house clean” 4 part blog series. So without further ado..
- To get your toilet bowls back to their shiny white best, clean them with some flat Coke or Pepsi. Leave the drink to soak overnight in order to dissolve limescale.
- To remove marker pen off hard surfaces, spray on some hair spray and then simply wipe it off with a cloth or paper towel.
- To remove cat and dog hair from clothing and furniture, rub them with some damp rubber gloves.
- To remove fingerprints from stainless-steel appliances, place a small amount of baby oil on a napkin and then wipe over the affected areas. The fingerprints should just easily wipe away.
- To clean your shower curtain, wash it in the washing machine with about 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cop of bleach, some white towels and just a normal amount of washing powder. By also adding into some fabric softener, it will also help to keep the curtain clean. When the load is done, return the shower curtains to their normal place and allow to drip dry. Wrinkles will fade away after a couple of days.
That now brings us to the end of this weeks’s (and our series of cleaning tips). We hope you have enjoyed them.
With our Dyson vacuum cleaner give-away this month, we are sharing 20 top cleaning tips with you! Here are the next five:
- If you want to stop ants coming into the house, draw a line of chalk on the ground where you want them to stop. If you live in a rainy area where ants are a problem, you must remember to re-draw the chalk lines each time it rains.
- Ever wondered how to clean the bottom of the iron? Simple, just sprinkle some salt on the ironing board and iron back and forth.
- An easy way t0 clean a stainless-steel sink, is to plug the sink and add two denture-cleaning tablets and half fill with water, leaving this to soak for several hours (or overnight for stubborn stains) and the next day it should be sparkling. You can then re-use this water to clean the draining board.
- If you want to clean your microwave oven, just add four tablespoons of lemon juice to one cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Boil this for five minutes in the microwave, allowing the steam to condense on the inside walls of the oven. Then wipe down the corners with a soft cloth.
- To remove sweat/body oil stains from cuffs and collars of coloured blouses and shirts, rub some shampoo directly on the stains. Rinse off the shampoo after about 5 minutes, then wash the clothes as usual.
We hope you have enjoyed this week’s tips. Please join us next week for our last instalment of helpful home cleaning tips.
With our Dyson vacuum cleaner give-away this month, we thought, why not share some easy to do cleaning tips and tricks with our customers and readers. Last week we shared 5 tips in our part 1 post. This week we continue with another 5 helpful tips.
- To help reduce the risk of stains on a marble bench-top, try buffing some car polish onto it. This leaves a thin invisible film which helps repel stains.
- If you have accidentally broken glassware and are struggling to pick up all those tiny left over fragments of broken glass, try pressing a piece of bread onto the area for a quick and easy solution.
- If you have furniture indents in pure wool carpet (only), place a tea towel over the area and then press with a warm iron. The heat will lift the vibres and give you a smoother result.
- To avoid your bathroom mirrors steaming up, try and regularly rub a dry soap bar over the surface of the mirror and then rub in with a clean cloth. [while not really cleaning, we thought it was a great tip anyway!]
- If you need to remove some oil from silk clothing, we suggest gently rubbing some cornflour into the affected area, leave it to sit for a few hours before lightly brushing or shaking it off. Then either hand wash or use a gentle machine cycle to finish the process.
We hope you have enjoyed this week’s tips. Please join us next week for 5 more helpful home tips.
With our Dyson vacuum cleaner give-away this month, we thought, why not share some easy to do cleaning tips and tricks with our customers and readers.
5 Easy Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Getting rid of red wine stains: Place a dab of foaming style shaving cream on the area. This can help remove red-wine spills from carpets.
- Removing food odours: Use a combination of hot water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda to help rid those unwanted “left-over” smells.
- Dusting lamp shades: You can use your vacuum cleaner or a lint roller!
- Glass cleaning: Use old newspapers instead of paper towels to clean your glass windows.
- Getting rid of stickers: A great tip for removing stubborn price tags (and not ruin your nails). Dab some rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip or a cotton pad.
That’s all from us this week. Join us again next week as we reveal 5 more easy cleaning tips and tricks!